Daniel's follow up appointment for his urinary reflux/bladder issues was rescheduled from April 15th to tomorrow. Last Thursday I checked the mail and had received papers for his follow ups to be June 17th. I called Friday morning in the hopes of finding a cancellation sooner, not wanting to wait that long, but not really expecting anything, and low and behold Monday morning I got a call asking if we wanted to come this Wednesday as they had had a cancellation. I jumped right on it and so we go tomorrow.
Tomorrow is urodynamic testing. The good news is that Daniel does not have to be sedated, but they will have to put a cathedar in and then they will put on little sensor patches around his pelvic area to measure muscle tension. They will fill his bladder and then he will use the potty. The sensors will tell us what is going on and hopefully we will get some answers about his bladder.
Please pray for good results. If the results aren't what we are hoping for we have discussed getting a second opinion before we endure further surgeries. We are considering John Hopkin's in Baltimore and also Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. We're open to others on the east coast if anyone has any recommendations. I just don't want to question later if we did all that we could do for him.
Also tomorrow afternoon he gets his last immunization. He's been on a delayed schedule and the dreaded MMR shot is tomorrow afternoon. I've been dreading the MMR shot due to all the fuss over whether or not it can cause autism. I'm sure Daniel will be fine, but I just overworry. I hate putting him through all that in one day, but at least the shots will be done until he's school age.
Please pray for good results tomorrow, for Daniel to be brave (he usually is!) and for my nerves tomorrow for the procedures and the shot in the afternoon. Troy could go on and on about how I worry over everything, which is why I don't let him post on the blog!!