Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Kindergarten Update




We have survived two weeks of Kindergarten!! Daniel is doing extremely well. I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't think he'd adjust all that well, but he has really surprised me and proved me wrong!!


He did get into a spot of trouble on day 3 last week, but nothing major and the teacher wrote me a nice note, to which I sent a nice reply and everything has been great since. This week Daniel did extremely well, even getting a note on his paper stating that he chose the most difficult items to draw and that his teacher was impressed with his work!! I was sooo proud.



We created a "Me Bag" beginning last Monday night and turned it in to class today. Daniel shared his bag today in school and came home animated and it sounds like he really enjoyed telling his class about the items in his bag. He chose a photo of our house, a hunting hat, a diving stick, a train, and Uno cards. They represented his favorite place, doing something with daddy, favorite sport, favorite toy and game time after dinner each night, in that order. He colored his bag and drew a picture of me, Troy and himself.



I also gots lots of papers home this week and they were all perfect. They are working on simple math concepts like over/under, above/below. more/less. We've been working on these skills for so long that it's old hat to Daniel, but he still followed the directions on all the papers and they looked great!!



Here are some photos from week 2 of Kindergarten!!


3 comments:

Jenny and Randy said...

Clearly, you have a budding genius on your hands! :)

Dede said...

Awesome Daniel! So glad things are going well for him. We are still having a few school issues here.

Patti said...

Hi Rachel!
I am happy to hear the first few weeks went well! Alex starts on Tuesday (I'll update my blog sometime at the end of the week - hopefully you still have access. I haven't written anything since spring, so I am due for an update!)
Patti