Thursday, January 13, 2011

Looking Ahead to a Big Year!

As we start out 2011, I think of all the exciting changes and fun things to come this year:

I'm going to have a new nephew in just a couple of months! His birthday will probably be days from mine, my sister's, my brother-in-law and my mother's. Our combined party keeps getting bigger and bigger! What is it about late February and early March?!?! Wait, don't answer that!!

Daniel is going to turn 5 AND start Kindergarten this fall! I know, I can't believe it either!

We're going to finish our last post placement report in April for Daniel's adoption. I can't wait for that day for many reasons!! For me it means an end to the journey and a beginning of a new journey without the paperwork!!

Troy and I are planning our family vacation! We're sticking within driving distance of our home again this year, but going somewhere we've never been! We're planning lots of fishing, swimming and a great time!

I'm co-hosting an Information Meeting for our adoption agency in our area which I'm really looking forward to!

I have to get my driver's license renewed this year and I'm terrified because I have to take the dreaded eye exam and will probably fail, so I'm guessing I might be getting glasses this year!

Daniel has a big appointment in April coming for his medical condition and if it turns out the way they expect, then we'll be released from the care of the urologist (finally!) and this Mama can finally relax!!

I can't wait to see how this year turns out! I'm sure we'll have plenty more to add to this list as the days go by, but just these things have me looking forward to what will come!!

4 comments:

Mama Fish said...

So many big things happening this year for you! Exciting! I can't believe that Daniel is going to Kindergarten! Our Small Fry seems so young compared to him, but they are only a few months off. Small Fry missed the cut off, and I'm kind of glad, as I don't think he is quite ready for that yet!

I SO hear you on the post placement reports being done! Now we have two to try to schedule! It's almost hard to keep track of! Small Fry has one more, and Munchkin has 4! Ugh!

Excited about your Information Meeting! I want to do that here too.... actually I'd love to start something at our church.

Vacation will be.... ??? I should have emailed you instead... this is turning into the longest comment ever!

Craig and Phyllis said...

Yeah for the end of post-placement reports!! We will have our last one in November of this year. Can't believe that you will be having your so soon! It seems like yesterday that I just started reading your blog as we were just starting our journey!

Yeah to bigger birthday parties! : )

Dede said...

Sounds like a fun year! We just finished our last post placement too. What a good feeling to know we are completely finished with the process! That reminds me, I need to do a post on our blog about that too!! ;-)

Christine and Stephen said...

YAY ... so exciting for so many things to come!!! Yay for being done with the post adoption reports and the last leg of paperwork on the adoption journey!!!

Can't wait to hear how things go with the doctor ... fingers crossed for good news and your last visit with him!!!

Christine