Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Snow, Snow and More Snow & Small Medical Update

What a terrible winter we're having. I'm not a big snow person so on top of the 2 plus feet we had a few weeks ago, two nights ago we had 7 inches and this weekend we're expecting more than a foot, and in some places they are saying between 2 and 4 feet. Oh help me.


We've all been sick lately too. I had Daniel to the doctor a couple of weeks ago and we ended up having chest xrays done again since he had pneumonia last year. Thankfully it hadn't gone that far this time and an antibiotic and neb treatments cleared him right up. Then I got sick and so did Troy. We've done rounds of antibiotics but are both still struggling.


I NEED summer!! Darn groundhog!


Other than that not much has been happening, thanks to the weather. Daniel and I continue to go to the library once or twice a week. He's become quite the little helper with cooking lately too. He helped me "decorate" homemade pizza's the other night and he loves to help shred potatoes, use the mixer, put cookies on the cookie sheet and stir anything on the stove. I gave up trying to keep him away from the stove because he wanted to help so much. Instead we had a long talk about how not to hurt yourself and so far so good. Of course he can nly be up to the stove when I am standing right there and we use about five oven mitts to block any burns!


Wednesday we had a follow up ultrasound and visit with the urologist. Things remain consistant and for now that is good. Everything looks about the same and they are still putting off any invasive procedures since Daniel is still potty training and they don't want to set him back. We speak a little more long term and the doctor did think that down the line he would be able to discharge Daniel at which point we would continue to see his pediatrician for blood pressure check ups and urine samples to monitor the kidney etc. I liked talking about Daniel being discharged!! It appears we will go back again in 3 months for another ultrasound.

I'll try to post some pictures later. Haven't taken too many lately (shocker!) since weve been dealing with the weather and the sickness. Hopefully we'll be back on track soon!!

3 comments:

Christine and Stephen said...

Rachel:

I hope everyone feels better soon!! We have had a round of sick in our house ... both boys and me (I was the worst and still recovering).

I can't wait for Spring either ... just to get outside and have fun with the boys!!!

Christine

Dede said...

Sorry about your weather and that you all have been sick. Hope you are back to good health soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel,
Oh, I'm sorry you guys got sick - I hope you're all feeling a lot better!
I do love snow, but we haven't gotten that much this year, so I can see how you are already over it!
Be well and hope you have a great weekend,
Teresa