Monday, December 28, 2009

What a Wonderful Christmas!!

I hope everyone had as wonderful a Christmas as we did. We started out Christmas Eve by having a lunch for everyone at our house. 22 guests, 2 tables, 4 new children from the last dinner we did (2007), and lots of homecooked goodies made for a wonderful afternoon!

We ate and ate and afterwards I held a Survivor style auction using items I've collected for free from CVS (mostly) using my Extrabucks (check out my other blog!). I gave everyone 200 bucks of fake money and let the bidding begin. I think just about everyone left with something, but the biggest surprise was my father-in-law who left with the most!

Afterwards we enjoyed more family time and then Troy had to go to work, everyone left and Daniel I had the evening to ourselves. We baked cookies and left them along with his favorite drink, tea and milk, out for Santa. Daniel even chose the dishes with the "reindeer" on them for Santa!

The next morning we opened tons of presents (well Daniel did!)!! He got lots of great stuff! Then later that evening when Troy got off work we met him up at Massanutten (for a free stay check out this post from my other blog). We stayed for 3 days, 2 nights absolutely free. While we already own a timeshare they wanted us to 'upgrade' and we said no way - but for listening to the spiel we earned a $100 gift card AND 3 tickets to the indoor waterpark! Needless to say we had a blast!

Happy Holidays!!

6 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

LOVE the Christmas photos and I'm SO impressed you had 22 people over for lunch! I would have had a panic attack! :-) Looks like you had a great Christmas and sounds like the Waterpark was a ton of fun. Merry Christmas!

Mama Fish said...

You go Rachel! (Staying for free and then going to the indoor water park for free!) yay YOU!!

I love all the photos from Christmas. I know you get this alot, but your sister looks so much like you, I thought you got your haircut! Hope you have a great week and a Happy New Year!

Christine and Stephen said...

Great pictures Rachel!! The water park must have been a huge hit!!!

Thanks for sharing!
Christine

Jane and Jim said...

Looks like you had a great C-mas!

LOVE the auction idea!

Roger and Joanne said...

I love all the Christmas photos, as well. I'm sure this year he understood and enjoyed it even more.
Way to go entertaining so many....!

Shane & Marie said...

Sounds like you definitely had a housefull, but had fun still! Glad you had a wonderful Christmas. What a great little getaway you had. And free?!?! Even better!